iTest Lite can be used to create basic test cases, automate tests, and communicate with devices that use Telnet, SSH, SNMP, Serial Port, and command prompts.
iTest Lite Use Cases:
- Use iTest Lite as a lightweight testing tool:
iTest Lite contains the necessary features and functionality to perform lightweight testing and basic test automation for devices that can be accessed via Telnet, SSH, SNMP, Serial Port, and command prompts. In this use case, iTest Lite is most beneficial for individuals or small teams that don’t require large test cases, sharable procedures, or source control integration.
- Use iTest Lite as an evaluation iTest editions
- Use iTest Lite as a device communication tool:
iTest Lite can be used by IT administrators or others looking for better tools to access devices and applications on the network. You can think of iTest Lite as an alternative to PuTTY (or similar tools) that provides all the functionality offered by those tools with the added benefit of capturing and documenting all of your device interactions.
- iTest Lite is available for Windows only;
- iTest Lite comes with a pre-defined set of modules, and it is not possible to add other modules;
- iTest Lite users are limited to a single workspace;
- Each test case created with iTest Lite is limited to 100 written steps and 500 executable steps;
iTest Lite comes bundled with the following modules:
- Serial Port
- Command Prompt
- Virtual Testbeds